Welcome to SALUS
Welcome to the SA Health gateway for State-wide shared information and knowledge resources
A number of the "core" medical and health resources are accessible from this main page with an Athens username & password. To access your health organisation's specific resources please use the tabs above.
Coming 1st December 2014 : UpToDate Anywhere. Watch this space for more details and instructions on how to get access to UpToDate from home and your mobile devices. Gain CME credits and much more...
Clinical Key Australia - brings together an impressive array of content from Elsevier and trusted third parties including over 1,000 books, 500 journals, thousands of videos, and millions of images.
eTG Complete - Antibiotic, version 15
The November 2014 release of eTG complete includes a comprehensive revision of the entirety of the Antibiotic guidelines. Further information is provided in the ‘What's new?’ section in eTG complete.
Contact a Librarian
For these services or any other queries, please contact your site library by choosing one of the tabs above or the Contact us page
Literature search request - complete this form for a librarian to search the databases for journal articles for your project, research or assignment.
Document delivery and inter-library loans - we can obtain journal articles and books for you from other libraries.
|Training sessions - book individual or group training sessions on how to access library resources and search the databases.|
Ask a librarian after hours (Chasing the Sun) Use this link after hours to chat live with a librarian in the U.K. They will assist you with your patient related clinical queries.
SA Health Library Service Shared Resources
Access to your Library's Journals AtoZ List
Shared Pharmaceutical resources
- AHFS Drug Information
- Australian Medicines Handbook includes Children's dosing companion
- Australian Immunisation Handbook
- Australian Injectable Drugs Handbook
- BNF for Children
- British National Formulary
- Clinical pharmacology made incredibly easy!
- eTG complete (Therapeutic Guidelines)
- Goodman & Gilman's the pharmacological basis of therapeutics
- Martindale: the Complete Drug Reference
- Merck Manuals
- MIMS Online
- Natural Medicines Database
- Nursing pharmacology made incredibly easy!
- Pharmaceutical News Index
- PBS - Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (for Health Professionals)
- Stockleys Drug Interactions
- SUSMP - The Poisons Standard from the Department of Health, Therapeutic Goods Administration
Shared Evidence based resources
Evidence Based Resources
- Allied Health Evidence (searches PEDro, OTseeker, speechBite and PsycBITE)
- Australian Resuscitation Council - ARC Resuscitation Guidelines are available from this site.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Ovid)
- Cochrane Library
- Evidence-Based Medicine Reviews (EBMR) - includes Cochrane, ACP Journal Club, DARE, HTA, NHS EED
- OTseeker (Occ. Therapy)
- PEDro (Physiotherapy)
- PsycBITE: (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Acquired Brain Injury)
- PubMed Health
- speechBITE (Speech Therapy)
- TRIP database
- UpToDate (Need to register onsite for access offsite)
Shared Resources - Databases
- Access Medicine
- CareSearch (Palliative care)
- CINAHL Plus with full text (EBSCO)
- CIRRIE (Database of International Rehabilitation Research)
- ClinicalKey Australia (Elsevier)
- Embase 1974 to present (Ovid)
- Health Collection and other Australian databases (Informit)
- LIt.search (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health information)
- Maternity and Infant Care (Ovid)
- MEDLINE 1946 to present Incl. In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations(Ovid)
- MEDLINE with full text (EBSCO)
- Mosby's Nursing Consult
- Natural Medicines Database
- NARIC (Rehabdata database)
- PILOTS (international literature on traumatic stress)
- ProQuest Health and Medical
- ProQuest Nursing and Allied Health
- ProQuest ANZ Newsstand
- PsychiatryOnline (Am Psychiatric Publishing includes DSMV)
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO)
- PsycINFO (Ovid)
- SAcommunity (formerly CISA)
- Theses via Trove (National Library of Australia)
Management and Legislation Resources
- ARCHI (Australian Resource Centre for Healthcare Innovations)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Public Affairs fulltext
- Australian Institute of Management, Management and Training (AIMMAT)
- Hansard (SA)
- Health Business Fulltext Elite
- Law handbook (Legal Services Commission of SA)
- LISTA (Library, Info Science & Tech Abstracts)
- Standards Australia
QR Code for Quick Mobile access to SALUS
Use your QR scanner to access the SALUS site on your mobile device. Save it as a favourite on your mobile device for quick and easy future access.