Welcome to SALUS
Welcome to the SA Health gateway for State-wide shared information and knowledge resources
A number of the "core" medical and health resources are accessible from this main page with an Athens username & password. To access your health organisation's specific resources please use the tabs above.
UpToDate Anywhere Is available for SAHealth Staff NOW. Just click on UpToDate and follow the login/registration link. Registration is simple but must be done from a SAHealth Computer, after which you can access UpToDate anywhere and on any mobile device. Please see the attached document below for instructions if required.
Clinical Key Australia - brings together an impressive array of content from Elsevier and trusted third parties including over 1,000 books, 500 journals, thousands of videos, and millions of images.
eTG Complete - Antibiotic, version 15
The November 2014 release of eTG complete includes a comprehensive revision of the entirety of the Antibiotic guidelines. Further information is provided in the ‘What's new?’ section in eTG complete.
Contact a Librarian
For these services or any other queries, please contact your site library by choosing one of the tabs above or the Contact us page
Literature search request - complete this form for a librarian to search the databases for journal articles for your project, research or assignment.
Document delivery and inter-library loans - we can obtain journal articles and books for you from other libraries.
|Training sessions - book individual or group training sessions on how to access library resources and search the databases.|
Ask a librarian after hours (Chasing the Sun) Use this link after hours to chat live with a librarian in the U.K. They will assist you with your patient related clinical queries.
SA Health Library Service Shared Resources
E-journals fulltext - login required
Access to your Library's Journals AtoZ List
E-books fulltext - login required
Shared Pharmaceutical resources
- AHFS Drug Information
- Australian Medicines Handbook (AMH)
- Australian Medicines Handbook - Children's Dosing Companion
- Australian Immunisation Handbook
- Australian Injectable Drugs Handbook
- BNF for Children
- British National Formulary
- Clinical pharmacology made incredibly easy!
- eTG complete (Therapeutic Guidelines)
- Goodman & Gilman's the pharmacological basis of therapeutics
- Martindale: the Complete Drug Reference
- Merck Manuals
- MIMS Online
- Natural Medicines Database
- Nursing pharmacology made incredibly easy!
- Pharmaceutical News Index
- PBS - Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (for Health Professionals)
- Stockley's Drug Interactions
- SUSMP - The Poisons Standard from the Department of Health, Therapeutic Goods Administration
Shared Resources - Quick Access Shortcuts (Available onsite only)
Shared Evidence based resources
Evidence Based Resources
- Allied Health Evidence (searches PEDro, OTseeker, speechBite and PsycBITE)
- Australian Resuscitation Council - ARC Resuscitation Guidelines are available from this site.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Ovid)
- Cochrane Library
- Evidence-Based Medicine Reviews (EBMR) - includes Cochrane, ACP Journal Club, DARE, HTA, NHS EED
- Joanna Briggs Insitute EBP Database
- OTseeker (Occ. Therapy)
- PEDro (Physiotherapy)
- PsycBITE: (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Acquired Brain Injury)
- PubMed Health
- SpeechBITE (Speech Therapy)
- TRIP database
- UpToDate (Need to register onsite for access offsite)
Shared Resources - Databases
- Access Medicine
- CareSearch (Palliative care)
- CINAHL Plus with full text (EBSCO)
- CIRRIE (Database of International Rehabilitation Research)
- ClinicalKey Australia (Elsevier)
- Embase 1974 to present (Ovid)
- Health Collection and other Australian databases (Informit)
- LIt.search (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health information)
- Maternity and Infant Care (Ovid)
- MEDLINE 1946 to present Incl. In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations(Ovid)
- MEDLINE with full text (EBSCO)
- Mosby's Nursing Consult
- Natural Medicines Database
- NARIC (Rehabdata database)
- PILOTS (international literature on traumatic stress)
- ProQuest Health and Medical
- ProQuest Nursing and Allied Health
- ProQuest ANZ Newsstand
- PsychiatryOnline (Am Psychiatric Publishing includes DSMV)
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO)
- PsycINFO (Ovid)
- SAcommunity (formerly CISA)
- Theses via Trove (National Library of Australia)
Management and Legislation Resources
- ARCHI (Australian Resource Centre for Healthcare Innovations)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Public Affairs fulltext
- Australian Institute of Management, Management and Training (AIMMAT)
- Hansard (SA)
- Health Business Fulltext Elite
- Law handbook (Legal Services Commission of SA)
- LISTA (Library, Info Science & Tech Abstracts)
- Standards Australia
QR Code for Quick Mobile access to SALUS
Use your QR scanner to access the SALUS site on your mobile device. Save it as a favourite on your mobile device for quick and easy future access.